Welcome to HiTV Support
Australian Reception Coverage / Black Spot
- Terrestrial signal varies by geographic landscape.
- Signal maybe too STRONG to decode within 100m radius of transmitting tower.
Signal Strength & Quality
- Press 'Menu', use signal strength and signal quality to determine the signal status around you.
- Internal transparent glass-mount antenna (active & passive).
- External bracket antenna.
- External magnetic based antenna.
- Note: You must use 2x Antennas for twin tuners diversity. However you can mix & match an internal antenna with an external antenna.
Antenna Interference Factors & Installation
- Antenna characteristic / directions (vertical / horizontal)
- Placement of internal antenna: the higher the better (less interference)
- Do not place internal antenna on back screen demisters.
- Do not use internal antenna if back screen has dark tint.
- Perform reception testing before physical installation.
Installation tips and tricks
- Box placement (in the trunk or underneath the seat)
- Length of the antenna cable (5m)
- NTSC / PAL converting - adjust the best screen mode by using the dip switches.
- How to set up parental lock if there is a child in the vehicle
- Press CH+, CH- for regular channel switching, Press 1,2,3,7,9 to choose specific broadcasters. Press menu to browse available channels.
You will need to scan the channels :
- If your original channel list is not comprehensive enough
- If you are doing long distance travel, when broadcaster frequency changes (just like tuning radio stations).
- Press A/V bottom for digital audio channels
Teletext / Subtitle
- Real time weather report, TAB info and news in text format. Subtitle for assisting listening difficulty